BFC-Sporadic CMBB PBEM save game oddity

BFC,

Every once in a great while I was receving PBEM files from opponents that would say "File is meant for a different edition of Combat Mission". We were using 1.03, but it was close to the patch release so it was chalked up to user error.

Now a file I've sent to an opponent won't open and he is getting the same message. Game played under 1.03, saved under 1.03.

I still have the file, and any and all previous files to it if you want them.

[ August 25, 2003, 09:32 PM: Message edited by: Snarker ]

What version of CMBB do you and your opponent have? I dont mean if they are both 1.03 but is one a European copy? That should NOT make a difference by the way, but I need to know.

Are you zipping the files before sending them to your opponents?

You can send me the affected file but I will need both players passwords to look at this issue.

Madmatt

Both of us purchased the program directly from BFC.

The error pops up on the turn I have in my PBEM folder pre send, and if I try to open it I don't even get to the screen asking for his password, I get the error message instead. I've asked for his password and will send the file when I get it. I'll also send the turn I got immediately preceding the problem save.

[ August 26, 2003, 02:13 PM: Message edited by: Snarker ]