Not dead; buried in a crash move!

jeffsmith,

Thanks!

Michael Emrys,

You'll love the Tillman book. Really puts some detailed context into the famous footage of Japanese planes falling out of the sky wholesale. The OOB in the back saved me weeks of digging, too, when it comes to putting together Philippine Sea scenarios. So many possibilities!

My brother has both the first Team and The First Team and the Guadalcanal Campaign, so will definitely be reading both. Until I got here, I'd not read anything on the Pacific War since the two Prange books. Too many other fascinating things to investigate when I could actually read!

Regards,

John Kettler

Lundstrom is amazing. In many instances he is able even to piece together who shot whom down. He is also almost the only writer I have come across who gives due credit to extensive USN training in deflection shooting, which made possible the high-side attacks that evened the odds between Zero and Wildcat.

Michael