World of Tanks MMO game

searge

Wargaming.net company (Order of War, Massive Assault) has announced a new on-line action World of Tanks. The game is a combination of such genres as the third person action, FPS, RTS, RPG, and the simulator. The developers promise highly detailed tank models, hardcore battles, and, most importantly, the atmosphere of shoulder-to-shoulder fights with brothers-in-arms against a well-organized enemy. Found here: [removed]

A screenshort from the web-site:

[removed]

Danger!!!!

a team-based massively multiplayer online action game dedicated to armored warfare. Throw yourself into the epic tank battles of World War II with other steel cowboys all over the world.

Yippee Ki-yaaaaayyy, mutha-scratchers!!!!

RPG. Your armored steed isn't just a tin can on tracks - it’s a living, evolving mechanism that should be treated accordingly. Research your available upgrades and modifications to enhance its performance on the battlefield.

Power ups r freaking kewl!!!!! i will pwn ju!!!

Don't know the game, first time I heard of it, but I'm going to stick up for it.

If it it does a simple tank sim vaguely well, it's still a great boon to those of us not wishing to get to grips with more hardcore tank simulations. Red Orchestra's tank aspect was arguably the greatest thing about it, but was pretty simplified and not within shouting distance of realism.

Sure, some of the features in this new game, like upgrades, may well be iffy. But I know a fair share of you play RPGs and accept without batting an eyelid some infinitesimal leather thong that still manages to give +1 armour.

Look Navy Field. It's not very realistic at all. But it's pretty fun. And this may well be fun too. And like that game, this game is FREE. So let's see how it plays first, eh?