First Game Finished! and a suggestion or two.

Hi Gamers and Hubert and co designers,

I don't care what anyone says, well I do, but that's an aside. Well Done!

I finished the game as the Allies. That's the side I play most in all the games in the SC universe. But that's just me. I am afterall, almost a Swede.

It's a tough game! I tried at a higher level for the first few times, and I...well got crushed...So this time, I played at the minimal settings...

I enjoyed. Alot.

The map is tight. And takes time to learn and like, but in some ways, that's good, as the AI plays fast and there isn't quite the wait that there was in Pacific Strike.

I won, in May 45. Knowing that I was going to win, I took my time as Germany started to fall apart. Nicely done by the way. Of course there is a panzer army or corp defending Berlin...

I kind of got the whole Ethiopean (spelling), thing and Addis Abba, but i think for balance that's stretching it a bit.

Suggestion: Let England be as weak as it was down there, so you don't need to alter reality to make England as strong as it was in PDE and it's predecessor (by the way, Patton Drives East is still my favorite, what with sudden strike, where the game starts before September 1.) Italy really didn't have anything down there.

Anyways, I saw that i would need to reinforce and transport those lovely headquarter in lower Africa to get the support I needed, in order to fight up in North Africa.

And I did.

And then the game went apace.

I used the Russian engineer to build a line up from Rostov and it worked very well.

Suggestion: No engineer for Russia. They are very good and very effective, and once the fort is built, slide in even a corps, and the hex is protected and protected. In PDE, it worked sometimes, but it was a nail biter.

Tech investment...

With England, i started hard with convoys, i forget the tech term, and got very lucky.

Having played all the other SC's, I had learned that the key is MMP's, so maximize as best as one can, investment there.

I did. Got lucky in China, then Russia and even England. The US was close behind.

So, at beginner level, my MMPs were ramping up. The mountains of China helped me hold firm. Same with Russia, or USSR. I didn't lose Moscow. In the SC games, I know I will. This time though, I didn't. And I'm not that good at this.

Suggestion: For Industrial Tech investment, let it happen, but have the countries ramp up a bit more historically, like we know it happened. In Pacific Strike, the U.S. gets some gratuitous ramp up. The tech investment enhances, or, perhaps not. So the tech perhaps sway the history by twenty or so percent, from history. But even with no investment, they ramp up MMP developmenet anyways. Russia did, with the new industry in the east. The US, linear to Pacific Strike did, as well.

It's a very strong influencer. In all cases and countries, i made sure to have two chits for Industrial Tech, and got very lucky. The good guys all hit five before too long.

If I may say, make the ramp up somewhat scripted, as we know the allies would, though Britain less so (if fact, i would almost suggest, as they wear down, like we know they did, their tech advances would help keep them even.)

Anyways, thoughts, reflections and unwanted suggestions...

Good game. I like it. (by the way, War in Flames has been in development for 11 years and is not even yet getting close). Ths is GC, and I praise it.

(and though don't pay me yet to do so. smile).

Thoughts, many thought, for my first game finished. And yes, now I will paly it again.

Good job, Hubert and crew....