Goat meat

Bugged

Rumor has it,that goat milk is actually better for the Human being then Cow milk.Not many goat products in my part of the world,at least i never really checked for them,and i can't remember the last time i saw a goat farm around, or any goats in any farms for that matter.Around here seal meat is the new food talk, but they say its like eating oily rubber,something I won't hasten to try.

Eating a Kangaroo sounds nasty, and I suspect there's a reason why its not on the top menus, I wounder if you could make kangaroo jerkies,but please,keep them to yourself,I think I would rather eat a bat lol.

I went to the large grocery store* that carries the frozen, cubed goat meat that I'd briefly looked at before. I took a close look at the package and saw that it's bone-in meat, which I hadn't noticed previously. I have nothing against bones in the meat I eat but when the meat pieces are small (as this is), and especially if it's in a sauce (like the curry I'd had in mind), then I detest picking through my meal to dig out bone.

By the way, it priced out at $10CAD for a 1kg bag. I didn't buy it. I want to check out the goat meat at the Halal grocery store next.

Buffalo (aka bison) is sold in the small market that I frequent. It's very lean so I usually buy it in ground form for burgers, chili, etc. I had more of an appetite for red meat when I was younger but now I eat it probably once a week on average. I don't remember ever making a conscious effort to consume less red meat so I attribute this to a change of taste over the years.

I ate kangaroo meat during a visit Downunder a couple of years back. It was quite nice. The restaurant served it in a sauce, so that probably went a long way to helping the meat maintain its moisture. I'd eat it again.

*Superstore/Loblaws in Canada

Bugged,

I've eaten goat, prepared West African style at Rosalind's West African Cuisine, a restaurant started in Los Angeles by a former Peace Corps member and his Liberian wife when they wanted West African food but couldn't find a place that served it. Tasty and similar to Creole cooking, but not as spicy.

The Hispanic community is a big fan of young goat meat, where it's known as cabrito. There's even an annual World Championship Goat Cook Off in Texas. http://www.texasmonthly.com/food/onthemenu/cabrito.php

Regards,

John Kettler