Balance question

I was wondering if TOW2: Kursk is like TOW1 with regards to balance. What I mean is that from what I saw in TOW1, the missions consisted in sending an overwhelming force that would annihilate everything I have in 2 "broadsides", so one had to spend most of the mission reloading and reloading hoping for that lucky (and cheesy) dice roll that would allow me to survive until the next enemy shot :). It was like a division vs a platoon or something. Are TOW2: Kursks missions more balanced? And btw same question about the other TOW2, I didn't bother trying it after TOW1.

Thanks.

Yeah, sure, a lrn2play answer. So in short they are still sending 10 Ferdinands onto my 5 T-34s? "Winnable" by reload, reload, reload does not a good tactics make, nor is it fun.

I think I know of the battle in TOW1 you are referring to. After the Ferdinands come the Tigers as if the Ferdies were not hard enough. I spent a lot of time on this one until I learnt the trick to it.

On the edge of the map about halfway down on your side is a depression. What you do is assemble your tanks lining this depression in ambush. Eventually the German tanks come into this area and you ambush them one by one with all your tanks and remaining guns and infantry. Eventually the Tigers will be knocked out from concussion if not from penetration.

With the Ferdinands all you have to do is fire low until you blow off a track and then the crews bail out pretty much straight away. I did this mainly with the ATGs on the hill in the trees at the bottom of the map that come in as reinforcements. The ambush trick works here too if they make that far across the map.

Hope this helps, let us know how you get on.

Cheers

Alan