Campaign bug or problem:

I thought I saw something in the forum about.....don't play a campaign until a new patch comes out. It seems that when I play a new campaign it only goes for a while and then drops the campaign or repeats the same map, scenario or game. In other words, I cannot play a campaign yet?! Is there any truth to this and if so when can we expect a change...so that we can play a campaign straight through. Because, as it stands now I cannot get the campaign process to go any further than two maps. ???

Any help would be appreciated, Mahalo,

If you're running Windows Vista or Windows 7, I suggest right-clicking and selecting "Run as administrator" from the popup dialog box. To do this on a permanent basis, right-click on the shortcut you launch the program with (each shortcut you use will have to be modified individually) and select 'Properties' from the popup menu. In here go to the 'Compatibility' tab and go to the bottom section labeled 'Privilege Level'. Checkmark the box next to the text that says "Run this program as an administrator". Click 'Apply' and 'OK'.

The warning you may have read earlier about "don't play the campaign until after the patch" is just general advice. Often a patch may make previously saved games/campaigns unplayable (since the file format may have changed with the patch). So it is just a generic warning so that you don't waste time trying to continue a campaign when it may no longer be compatible with a new patch. In the case of the 1.2.4 patch, I don't know if this is true or not.

Thanx for your help Schrullenhaft. I remember now that that was the permanent way to solve that Vista problem. A friend had shown me that quite a while ago and I simply forgot about it...excuse...I'm friggin OLD...LOL! As for the other, with patches the old saved games are unplayable...I know that. It seems that it's happening now when I play the game. Eg: I was playing Germans...won two battles and when I tried a third...I got bounced back to the first battle again? Does any of this make any sense. Could that also be the "Run as Admin" problem. Which I have now fixed, by the way...LOL! Anyway, I'll start over now and see if things run smoother.

Again, Mahalo.....