Freezes, then error message

I'm not an expert... but I did take a quick glance at the diagnosis file. It looks like your computer isn't very powerful, graphics especially. Check the minimum requirements for the game and see if it will work on your computer.

Not trying to be a jerk here... but if I were you, I'd consider a new computer. There are plenty of budget deals out there that could get you up and running in this game without costing too much. :(

Minimum Requirements

I assume you get this error as soon as you click 'OK' on the briefing screen, is that correct ? This is the point where the 3D screen will render, which makes me guess that it is a graphics issue that the game is crashing on.

You do have a bit of an underpowered system unfortunately, though it should still work. Your Intel 845G may be the root of the problem here. There are newer drivers for the Intel 845G graphics (v.14.10.3, dated 10/16/2007), but I'm not sure they will resolve your problem. The Intel driver linked above may not work with your computer. Most of the time these drivers will, but with some name brand systems they will not load and you have to use the latest from your manufacturer (Dell). Your current driver appears to be the latest from Dell.

Upon closer inspection of the drivers listed they are THE SAME AS DELL's. Intel updated the driver date on the download screen, but the driver is actually the same 14.10.3.4342 version as Dell's. So updating (if they would even take) to Intel's driver will NOT change the situation regarding the video as far as I can tell.

Other things to possibly try within the game: In the Main Menu go to the Options panel and make sure that '3D Model Quality' and '3D Texture Quality' are set to 'Fastest'. Your infantry won't look very good at all, but it should help a bit with the speed. You may also want to select a resolution other than 'Desktop', which is a widescreen resolution for you. '1024x768' might be a good choice to try. I'm not sure how it will look on your screen. There is a good chance that any resolution that is non-native will either be stretched and/or appear somewhat 'blocky' due to scaling routines that might exist in the display.

CMSF is an OpenGL game and Intel may not provide the most thorough support for that graphics API. The next course of action would probably be to purchase a PCI video card. It appears that your motherboard does not have an AGP slot according to the documentation that I've read, so PCI is your only choice. You may want to consider something with a Nvidia GeForce 8400GS or 9400GT or 9500GT, which should be somewhere between US$45 and US$95. The 8400GS should probably be sufficient for your needs (your Celeron isn't a very fast CPU unfortunately).