Two questions

rich12545

How does an ai player determine when to declare war?

Either on the human or on another ai player.

It's a pretty complicated calculation. Each AI has an aggressiveness score. Higher aggressiveness means the AI will declare war faster. It also depends on how available unowned resources and cities are to the AI player. If the AI has a lot of units, he is more likely to declare war, and if he has few units, then he probably won't. The AI is more likely to declare war on players near its borders, and it tries to decide who is likely to declare war on itself. For example, if one player is backed into a corner, without much territory to expand into, and the AI is next to that player, then the AI will assume that the player is likely to attack soon. So, the AI will prefer to declare war on them first. I'm sure I'm leaving out some of the other factors that determine who and when the AI declares war on other players.

In the release game, have you put the different variables for a random scenario on the front page?

I'm not sure what you mean. The Demo version has access to the DemoMap and the tutorial map. The Demo version doesn't have access to the random-map generator (at least not in the game-setup window; it does work in the map-editor).

Re #1. I am surprised at the detail. Very nice.

Re#2. As I mentioned in my email it looks like the ai was very much improved in the last couple of updates so I went ahead and got the release edition. I see the random info on the front page.

Thanks. I'd still like to see how much further I can take the AI.