- when I try running it with Direct3D the system locks up

Of course:

- I use DirectX7.0a

- I installed the newest Driver for my Voodoo Banshee

My System:

- AMD K6-2 500

- 128 MB RAM

- Voodoo Banshee

- Sound: Terratec AD1816 (working quite OK)

- Mainboard: Asus P5A (BIOS 1.07a)

- Win98 (second edition)

Is there anyone who can help me?

At what point does CM lockup when you're running with DirectX hardware acceleration on ? I assume you probably get a hang when "Loading 3D Graphics" is on the screen. Sometimes the issue with this is actually sound.

For your sound this is the latest Reference driver that I can find (though it may be unnecessary):

Analog Devices 1815/16 Win9x driver (size: 76k):

http://www.windrivers.com/script/drivers.asp?company=AD

Though you may want to continue to use the drivers that you already have (since they may have more utilities, etc.).

Is your Voodoo Banshee an AGP card ? Most of them are to my knowledge, but I believe there are quite a few PCI models. If your card is an AGP model, then you may want to adjust your AGP Aperture or sometimes called Graphics Aperture in your BIOS/CMOS setup. You should probably be able to find this setting under "Advanced Properties" or possibly "Chipset Features". Reduce this value to the lowest one you can get (if it is available). Some users have reported success by minimizing this setting (though yours may not go down far enough). 64Mb is usually the default.

If you have a setting for "Video Memory Cache" in your CMOS/BIOS setup you may want to experiment with it also (try the different cache setups or disable if possible).

You may also want to install the latest ALI Aladdin 5 chipset driver for your AGP (v.1.68). There's also an AGP utility (you must install the AGP driver first) which may have some settings to tinker with (sideband, etc.):

http://www.ali.com.tw/eng/support/driver.shtml

I assume that the driver for your Voodoo Banshee is either from your manufacturer or the Reference driver posted by 3dfx.

3dfx Voodoo Banshee Reference Drivers:

http://www.3dfxgamers.com/drivers/voodoo_banshee/voodoo_banshee_win9x.stm

Since your other games play OK, I'm not sure if it would be worth tinkering with your current Voodoo driver, but here is a list of them in case you want to try.