Is there any way I can run CMSF on my netbook?

I somewhat doubt that you can get CMSF to work on most netbooks. It might be possible, depending on what graphics processor you have. A number of them have Intel 945G's which aren't too powerful and may barely work. The Nvidia ION chipsets would be a better bet.

You will need a minimum resolution of 1024x768, however many netbooks don't have a vertical resolution of 768 pixels or higher. Most of them will probably be in the 600+ pixel range.

The best thing to try would be the CMSF demo and see if it runs, but if it doesn't meet the minimum resolution requirements it may not run at all.

I tried the demo but I havent gotten it to start yet. I installed it but after that it wont start. It says something about resolution so its probably that. So.... Hopeless on that front? I think Im just gonna buy myself a real computer. Im gonna build it. CMSF is my favorite game and im building it as cheaply as possible, using my old tower and my friends old but still new graphic card. Whats good cheap stuff to buy for this game?

Admittedly right now CMSF and the future CMx2 games do not make use of additional cores in multi-core CPUs. If CMSF and future CMx2 games are your major concern, then there's no need to purchase a quad-core CPU; a dual core will probably be fine.

Is your friend's video card a PCI-Express video card ? If it isn't, then you will have to typically get a used motherboard for an AGP slot.

Do you know if you have a 24-pin power supply ? Older ATX power supplies may only have a 20-pin main power connector which will work for some motherboards, but may cause issues. Do you know how much wattage and what the +12V amperage rating is for your power supply ? You can typically find this information on most power supplies on the sticker that is attached to them.

Is your case a name brand computer (Dell, HP, Gateway, etc.), or is it some sort of generic/clone (which can potentially be its own name brand like Antec, etc.) ? Some name brand cases may not mount most standard ATX/micro-ATX motherboards and therefore be useless for a majority of available motherboards.

Do you know if your current hard drive is an IDE/Parallel ATA or is it a Serial ATA (SATA) ? This will make a difference since most newer boards don't really support IDE drives as boot drives anymore. You can sometimes find older motherboards that will, but you will be limited in the CPUs, video cards and other details with what those boards will support. If you currently have an IDE/Parallel ATA, you may have to consider purchasing a SATA hard drive in your upgrade too.

I've done a lot of purchasing with Newegg and have been really satisfied with what they offer. The reviews on hardware are often useful (though not always so) and can help to make a decision on whether a piece of hardware is reliable or not or whether there are certain issues/limitations to be aware of.

One fairly decent bundle from Newegg is this Athlon II X2 240 + 750GB + 2GB RAM + GeForce 220 + ASUS M/B. You will probably want a decent power supply with it, so it will be important to check what you currently have since that may be something else you may need to purchase. The GeForce 220 is a moderately decent card. It may or may not be better than what you already have (though it is probably newer).

There are all kinds of other possibilities too. This is just but one example of some of the bundle deals that Newegg offers. There are of course other vendors who do similar things.