CMBB/CMAK best screen resolution?

Hi, I am using 1024x768 screen resolution to play CMBB and CMAK so far. However, on most screenshots I see from the Combat Mission community, there seems to be a higher screen resolution.

Do the graphics look better at a higher resolution? My computer works excellent now, no frag problems and I have installed several high-resolution mods. What resolution do you play CMBB/CMAK with?

The CM series doesn't necessarily look any better at a higher resolution. The screen will just show more of the 3D battlefield at one time within the 'window'. This can obviously be nicer since it may involve just a little less scrolling around in some instances. However the downside to this is that with higher resolutions comes lower video performance (frame rate).

What may make an image look better is antialiasing and anisotropic filtering (and trilinear mipmapping). These features put a much higher strain on a graphic chip and significantly slow down performance. Some features, such as antialiasing, can cause graphical problems in CM depending on the videocard and driver version you have installed. Anisotropic filtering will probably have the biggest effect on image quality, since a number of people claim that you can't tell too much of a difference with antialiasing at higher resolutions. Antialiasing also frequently makes certain images on screen a bit 'fuzzier' due to the way certain antialiasing methods work.

Danke schrullenhaft.

After an hour of testing I now know that a higher screen resolution definitely causes nicer ingame graphics. (though slowing the system down quite a bit)

Had I only tried earlier, a year or so ago. Ah, it is amazing. The problem is that you only get to chose the screen size from your current screen resolution downwards. Had to change my windows resolution to a higher one first.

You need to delete the 'Prefs' file that is located in the same folder/directory as the CM executable. Under Windows this will force the resolution selection process, starting with your current desktop resolution (though at a possibly higher vertical refresh rate). On a Mac it will just reset itself to your current desktop resolution.

1. remove preference file in cmbb/cmak directory

2. change windows screen resolution to what you want to play cmbb/cmak

3. start cmbb/cmak and choose desired resolution

4. close cmbb/cmak

5. you can now switch your windows screen resolution back to what you prefer for working under windows. cmbb/cmak will keep the resolution you have chosen under point 3.