Macintel Virtualization Software - Not yet.

It seems that the virtualization software for the Macintel systems isn't quite there yet for gaming purposes.

From MacWorld Online Magazine

In addition, the [Parallels Desktop] software does not currently emulate a 3D graphics card, so if you want to run a game or other graphics-intensive application that requires hardware 3-D support, Parallels is out for the time being. But given the rapid development progress I’ve seen, I expect most or all of those difficulties to evaporate soon.

Their review of the opensource Q project indicates that it is much less advanced, although it does offer some sound and video card emulation choices. The graphics seem to be the following "Cirrus CLGD 5446 PCI VGA card or dummy VGA card with Bochs VESA extensions (hardware level, including all non standard modes)." I don't know if that would work with any CMxx products.

The recommendation seems to be that Apple's BootCamp is currently the only option for running games.

Disclaimer: I don't have an Intel Mac, and haven't been able to try any of this myself.

Originally posted by tar:

The recommendation seems to be that Apple's BootCamp is currently the only option for running games.

Disclaimer: I don't have an Intel Mac, and haven't been able to try any of this myself.

BootCamp does seem to be the best option for games from what I've heard although I expect Parallels Desktop software will improve with each version.

I also am not using an intel Mac as yet but Power PC still for the forseeable future.