What's the biggest map size you can make?

Hello,

I'm having a whirly-gig with the map editor and trying to make a couple scenarios. I've got a couple dim-bulb questions...

1) What is the biggest map size you can create? Was it 4km x 4km?

2) Has anybody created a "mini-campaign?" Small maps. Small number of forces. Kind of like a "byte-battle" ala Der Kessel's website, but more of a "byte-campaign." Is it theoretically possible?

3) can you get U.S. troops (Army or Marine) without Javalins and AT4s and other shoulder launched weapons? I tried to reduce their equipment and quality, but they still come loaded for bear...

Cheers!

Gpig

Hello,

I'm having a whirly-gig with the map editor and trying to make a couple scenarios. I've got a couple dim-bulb questions...

1) What is the biggest map size you can create? Was it 4km x 4km?

Cheers!

Gpig

Depends on what sort of map you want to make.

A low unit density Sahara type map with can be pretty big.

If you want multistorey buildings from map edge to map edge and a high unit density then the "workable" size drops away.

Then there's the issue of scenario loading times and "turn resolution" for WEGO which again can be pretty long / exasperating depending on your machine's configuration.

3) can you get U.S. troops (Army or Marine) without Javalins and AT4s and other shoulder launched weapons? I tried to reduce their equipment and quality, but they still come loaded for bear...

Depends on what types of forces you're using. Anything involving Strykers, Bradleys, AAVs, and MTVRs will leave them with all of those weapons, regardless of settings. If you use dismounted soldiers, you can manually eliminate the Javelin-using troops because they'll be marked "Javelin Team." There's no way to eliminate the AT4s (and LAWs, for the Marines) that they carry, but AFAIK you can reduce them by lowering the ammo settings.