Scenario list and video problem

I installed CMBB on my second machine. I have a 3D Blaster5 FX5900. The ForceWare version is 77.30. I have DirectX 9.0c installed.

When I launch the game the scenario list is empty. In the game itself the units are blank white, and bases of some landscape items are also blank, as are houses.

I turned of anti-aliasing, reduced hardware acceleration, but neither had any effect.

Any ideas?

If the scenario list is empty, it sounds as if CM can't find the scenario list. With the 'blank' units and landscape it also sounds like some bitmaps are missing. I'd suggest reinstalling CMBB (in a different directory if necessary). You may want to closely observe the installation process to see if any errors occur. For the scenarios you can check in the Scenarios folder of the CMBB install to see if there are files in there. Typically the scenarios are installed next to last during the installation, so if there are problems it is possible that they aren't getting extracted/installed.

You're right; it's always the simplest things. The first installation ran out of diskspace. I re-installed and it fixed those problems, although there are still some textures missing. I'll keep re-installing until it has them all. There's over 2Gb of space now. The cursor is a little flickery, but I can live with that, if need be.