Voodoo 5 Issue

Ol eye;

Didn't have to go to single chip - went to 2xFSAA instead - it was set to fastest after all - and that cured the problem.

BTW, I am using the x3dfx beta drivers version 1.04.01 w/ no issues. You can ge them here at;

http://www.x3dfx.com/

One final issue/question - when I exit the game I get a horizontal bar about 2 inches wide of darker shading moving from left to right across my screen. Ever seen this?? And if so, does it mean anything??

Thanks,

Barkhorn.

[ March 01, 2002, 09:50 AM: Message edited by: Barkhorn1x ]

Originally posted by Barkhorn1x:

One final issue/question - when I exit the game I get a horizontal bar about 2 inches wide of darker shading moving from left to right across my screen. Ever seen this?? And if so, does it mean anything??

Thanks,

Barkhorn.

Nope.

Btw, try 4x FSAA. Gorgeous I tell ya, just gorgeous. Be aware, however, that certain large scenarios with lots of smoke, rain, textures, units, etc may cause the screen to white out totally. This is caused by the vid mem being swamped. Wouldn't think that with 64 freakin MB, but it happens. Cure for that is to revert back to single chip processing, but you lose the gorgeous FSAA :(