Application Error, again

AslakH

Well, I've never had this problem with TOW2 before, so I don't know what it means.

Had it with TOW1, but that was easily fixed.

I click on an editor, and a message box with this appears:

"Application Error

Culture name 'nb' is not supported.

Parameter name: name"

Tried the fixes I found here - nothing works.

It happened after I reinstalled the game, so it is not my specs - they are way better than what the game requires. Probably some small quirky thing.

Oh, it's TOW2+Centauro. Not the bundle, but separate BFC downloads.

I'm guessing here that the .net libraries don't like your 'Norwegian - Bokmal' setting.

Which Windows version is this and have you run all of the .NET updates on Windows Update ?

I don't know if it would help to adjust some settings (Windows XP is the example here) in the Control Panel > Regional and Language Options. Set the 'Regional Options' tab, 'Standards and Formats' section to "English (United States)" . If that still doesn't make a difference, go back to that control panel and go to the 'Languages' tab, 'Text services and input languages' section and click on the 'Details' button. In the 'Installed Services' section click the 'Add' button and select 'Input Language' - "English (United States)" and 'Keyboard Layout/IME' - "United States - International" and click 'OK'. Back at the 'Text Services and Input Languages' dialog go to the 'Preferences' section at the bottom and click the 'Language Bar..' button. Make sure that the check mark exist next to the text of "Show additional Language bar icons in the task bar" and click 'OK'. Click 'OK' to the previous dialog box and then 'Apply' and 'OK' to the next one.

On your task bar towards the System Tray there should be a little 2-5 character listing of the current language selected. Click on that (usually two letter) combination and in the popup select the 'EN English (United States)' and make sure it sticks - it often doesn't retain the setting just selected. Now try to run the Editor and see if it gives the same error or not.

There, I got it to work.

Messed around a bit with language settings and such, and the Bokmål wasn't a problem.

I tried the compability modes before I opened the new thread, but this time it worked with XP Service Pack 2.

Vista 64x is annoying the crap out of me.

Never does what it's told!

Thanks for the help, Schrullenhaft. :)

I appreciate it.