scenario designing - Mines move away.

i'm working on my own scenario right now and ran into

some kind of a bug. i've placed some mines in the center of the map,

but eventually they appear on the same spot at the far left side of the map.

i've tried several spots, different types, but nothing works.

any ideas?

Setup-area!

Hi,

When you are choosing mines, they appear during the set up sequence in one of the corner of the map, like the troops and the vehicles. If you moved them where you wanted them to be buried and save that in the editor, you should normally have them at that emplacement when you try to play the game or look at it through the editor.

Besides these, I don't see what could have happen wrongly.

Cheers

Hi,

More, I have made a check to my scenario Assault Sidi Brahim (which is a stand alone battle, found in the El Derjine campaign, as well). The Red mines are placed where I choose to put them and they remained there. I don't have any set up area for the Red side implemented.

Cheers

that didn't work for me. i had so mark a setup zone for them.

though not all of them moved. just some. and without a pattern

i can predict.

hi JKOBMADRID,

Well, just look in the editor at the scenario I told you about and see if you did the same in yours and try to comprehend how it is done.

Wether you made a set up area or not, that doesn't influence the mines. they should stay where you placed them. Besides,I have never seen them moving by themselves in the editor.

If that was not disturbing for your setting, I would joke and say that you have used intelligent mines !

Cheers

Hi all,

As snake eye has said, a setup zone hasn't an influence on the mines. At the beginning of the scenario (Setup Phase) they'll always exactly appear were you had placed them when building the scenario, and if they are inside a setup zone the Red player (never the AI) can choose to relocate them within all the limits of the setup zone, as you could do with any kind of troops/vehicles inside the setup zone. But this isn't the case here.

jkobmadrid, you might have assigned some of your mines to an AI Group. In the Unit Editor's "Purchase Units" option, take out all the [A2]-[A8]s to the right of the mines name. They all should have to be in the general Group 1, to avoid mixing them with any of your AI plans, so highlight them and press F1. At the Setup Phase the mines assigned to an AI Group will automatically move to the Map Zone for the Setup Order of their Group, that it has to be painted inside a valid Red Setup Zone. Please go to the AI Editor and see that you have painted a Map Zone for a Setup Order of a Group (Group 1 if your mines weren't assigned to any AI Group: [A2]-[A8]). That's in yellow color over the reddish background of the setup zone. The AI is automatically moving those mines there at the beginning of the scenario. Don't paint a Map Zone (yellow) for a Setup Order of Group 1. Use this Group for all the stationary units.

Cheers,

Lomir