all the tanks drive into the river or stop at the bank

Mongo

I've been using the battle generator in the demo for the last 2 days and I'm quite impressed.

The only map available in the battle generator has a river crossing. I have not seen an ai tank even try to cross the bridge. Instead, they either stop at the river bank or drive into the river ands disappear. I have to place my tanks exactly at the start of the bridge and then they can make it across.

But I have seen ai infrantry cross the bridge.

I've been using the battle generator in the demo for the last 2 days and I'm quite impressed.

The only map available in the battle generator has a river crossing. I have not seen an ai tank even try to cross the bridge. Instead, they either stop at the river bank or drive into the river ands disappear. I have to place my tanks exactly at the start of the bridge and then they can make it across.

But I have seen ai infrantry cross the bridge.

If you are speaking of the Russian mission where you have to prevent a German river crossing; I have not had any trouble with this yet. I have clicked on the other side of the river directly across the bridge and my T-34 does stay on the bridge.

On the other hand I have had an occasion where my tank stopped on the bridge. I'm not sure whether path finding was at fault or the tank found a target and just stopped.

I'm talking about using the mission generator to generate missions in which I defend the river crossing either as the Russians or Germans.

I thought it may have been the result of the experience setting. But I have played a couple of missions using elite for both sides and the AI armour still drives into the river instead of crossing on the bridge. Although in the last mission I played, 3 German armoured vehicles drove into the river, 2 stayed there, another came out on the German side and stopped there, while a fourth drove across the bridge.

I'm talking about using the mission generator to generate missions in which I defend the river crossing either as the Russians or Germans.

I thought it may have been the result of the experience setting. But I have played a couple of missions using elite for both sides and the AI armour still drives into the river instead of crossing on the bridge. Although in the last mission I played, 3 German armoured vehicles drove into the river, 2 stayed there, another came out on the German side and stopped there, while a fourth drove across the bridge.

That is interesting; the scenario I didn't have much tank crossing issue was Verkhopenye. My computer crashes to the desktop when I use the mission generator; I thought that you could not even generate a mission from the tutorial.