How to replace M1934/38 Panzer Crew Cap with M1943 type?

I'm at my wits end here.

In a nutshell I want to replace the default "no brim" panzer crew cap with the later war version that has a brim.

Looking at the BMP files:

9020: M1934/38/41 Feldmutze(default panzer crew cap, Black, no brim)

9293: M1934 Type Feldmutze(Grau, no brim)

9028: M1943 Einheitsfeldmutze(Fieldgrau, with brim, for Heer or Volksstrum?)

9029: M1943 Einheitsfeldmutze(Black, with brim, for Panzer crews)

The obvious solution for me, was to simply make a copy of 9029, rename it 9020, and just overwrite the default no brim 9020.

Didnt work. I did the same overwrite with 9293(grey, no brim). I had downloaded a few "crew" mods, so I went through every single BMP file to see if there was some rogue "no brim" BMP file. The skin does not exist.

Yes I am runnin a couple of "crew MOds", so the 1943 type does render on occasion.

EDIT: Upon closer inspection during gameplay, I think I'm missing a BMP for the brim of the cap. Just need to copy and paste the file. Looking through the BMPs, there's not any single file in the uniform BMPs that sticks out.

So... I must need 9029 and ?________? in order to overwrite 9020 and ?_______?.

9028 and ?_______? in order to overwrite the Grau version of 9293 and?_______?

Thanks for the reply. Is there any way to edit lines in the .exe file? Not familiar with what type files CM uses.

I've done extensive tinkering with skins in the Total War series, Steel Beasts, ect... Usually using other player generated Modding tools and skins. Seems there's usually a way to edit just about every type of uniform option in most games.