Hi, Major

Michael Emrys

Normally that is what I would do. However the question came up while I was launching a Div. + sized opposed amphibious operation on map 502. I was using the setup zone on the western border there nothing there to really hide behind. Also we like to use on board arty whenever possible, so we can do some counter battery fire missions. so that strip was pretty well full already. :)

IIRC on map 502 the set up zone is also an LOS block. Nothing can see into it from the east. There might also be a similar set up zone on the east side which you can check out using the LOS tool.

Hope that helps.

Yeah that's true. We are working it out. It still doesn't keep an airstrike or artillery fire from landing in your setup areas. Also UAV's and Helo's at med. altitude can spot in those areas. The LOS block goes from east to west from what I've seen. Anything in the setup zone are blocked from seeing out. Anything outside and above can seen in. from what I've seen. I'll go back and look again to make sure. Either way it's no problem it just takes a bit of diligence and setting up some rules. Thank you for the responses.