running game

Hello, Have bought many games, no problem in the past. Downloaded theatre of war 2 fine. I go to run it from by download file and it wont go, Nothing happens. Any suggestions on this . Ah, also I need try right clicking and choosing run as administrater...still nothing happen .

Just found TOW1 in my closet, loaded it and can get the opening screen if I insert the DVD only. Won't open from the desktop. When I hit play, nothing happens. The install never asked for the code number on the sticker on the package. Running Vista on 1 yr old Lenovo laptop.

I am running it as Administrator.

We have a detailed Knowledgebase about the "I try to launch the game and nothing happens" problem. There are three main known causes of this on your PC that may be blocking the execution:

- UAC (User Access Control) for Vista and Windows 7. "Run as admnistrator" from the Right-click->Properties menu usually helps. Important: you have to launch as admin for the very first time you launch the game. If you do it as subsequent run, it MAY NOT WORK. Uninstalling and reinstalling usually helps.

- DEP (Data Execution Prevention). This is a CPU function of your motherboard. Check out your Windows manual how to set it, make sure it's set to affect only Windows-critical stuff (even if you have it set so, click OK, and reboot).

- Anti-virus, internet security, firewall and other protective software. These are the hardest to troubleshoot because there are many and often very badly documented, blocking stuff left and right without really letting you know. Most have a feature to set an "exception" for a specific program or folder, and that should do the trick. You can also try disabling them temporarily, although some of the more pesky ones like ZoneAlarm, Norton IS and Kaspersky often are active in the background even if you think you've disabled them...

For more support, please submit a ticket at www.battlefront.com/helpdesk.