These Cursed Batch Files!

How do I use these batch files when I am trying to install mods! For the life of me I cannot figure them out!

------------------

There was a long silence of rememberance for the dead, to which I added these names:

Ernst Neubach, Lensen, Wiener, Wesreidau, Prinz, Solma, Hoth, Olensheim, Sperlovski, Smellens, Dunde, Kellerman, Freivitch, Ballers, Frosch, Woortenbeck, Siemenlies...

I refuse to add Paula to that list, and I shall never forget the names of Hals, or Lindberg, or Pferham, or Wollers. Their memory lves within me.

There is another man, whom I must forget. He was called Guy Sajer.

Guest wwb_99

Try double clicking. They are executables.

------------------

Before battle, my digital soldiers turn to me and say,

Ave, Caesar! Morituri te salutamus.

lol I am not that stupid

------------------

There was a long silence of rememberance for the dead, to which I added these names:

Ernst Neubach, Lensen, Wiener, Wesreidau, Prinz, Solma, Hoth, Olensheim, Sperlovski, Smellens, Dunde, Kellerman, Freivitch, Ballers, Frosch, Woortenbeck, Siemenlies...

I refuse to add Paula to that list, and I shall never forget the names of Hals, or Lindberg, or Pferham, or Wollers. Their memory lves within me.

There is another man, whom I must forget. He was called Guy Sajer.

Read and follow the directions in the read.me file very carefully. If you do that you should have no problem. Here is a brief summary, but follow the directions:

Go through the bmp files and choose the ones you want where there are options. Then copy all the bmp files to the CMBO\BMP directory, overwriting any existing files (backup the BMP folder first in case you don't like the results.

Then you need to place the batch program files in the CMBO directory. Make a shortcut for each batch file and rename the shortcut as instructed in the read.me. Place all the shortcuts in a folder on your desktop so that they are in a convenient place.

Next you should associate the shortcuts with the icons that are included with the mods. You don't really have to do this, but it makes it much easier to select the right batch file. There are a lot of steps here, so it is probably the trickiest part of the whole process. Basically you right click on the shortcut and select properties. Select the "Program" tab and then select "change icon" and browse for the correct icon. It will be in whatever folder into which you unzipped the mod. After you have selected the icon you should check the box that says "close on exit."

You should be finished now. You can run the batch files either before or after you set up your game. If you know what nationalities or versions of the vehicles you want before you set up the game you can run the necessary batch files by clicking on the shortcuts you created. A little DOS program will run that loads the necessary files. Then go play your game. Or, you can select your units during set up, save your game, exit out of the battle (you don't have to exit out of CM), ESC to the desktop, and then select the batch files you need. When you reload your game the correct mods will be there.

It really isn't that difficult if you just read and follow the directions carefully. You don't have to know how the batch programs work. CM will remember the mods you loaded until you run different batch files. So if you run the British armor batch file, play a game, and exit CM, CM will load the British files the next time you start the game. If Marco makes changes to the mods in the future you will only have to install the bmp files; you won't have to reinstall the batch files.

Take the time to install these mods correctly because they are beautiful and really enhance the CM experience.