Eyefinity Support?

Has 'SoftTH' worked for you ? I couldn't quite tell from your statement.

Some tweaks I believe were done to support Matrox's TripleHead hardware/software. Eyefinity didn't exist when CMSF was released, so I don't know if the TripleHead support works the same with it or not. What kind of configurations have you tried (monitor placement) ? Does CMSF only appear on one screen ? Does your Windows Desktop appear on all the screens as planned ?

If Eyefinity needs additional support to work, then it may not be forthcoming. Since it is fairly new, ATI/AMD may update the software/drivers to the point that CMSF could work with it.

No, I could not get SoftTH to work with CMSF.

CMSF only display on the center ( primary ) screen. I've edited the display size.txt file ( 5760 1200 60, 3840 900 60...etc..etc.. ) and the new resolution setting does showed up in the option menu , but it has no effect. I have also tried all the monitor display settings from the TH2G web site.

I've got SoftTH to work with other Battlefront games ( TOW I, II and PT Boat demo, I even got Steel Beasts to work on three monitors ) , just not CMSF !!. which is a huge disappointment, because CMSF is still the best out of all the battlefront games, IMHO, and it should be played on thee monitors or more :D. I was hoping to get the three monitor setup working before the upcoming Normandy and Afghanistan titles.

Any other suggestions to make CMSF work with multi monitor setup?... and if Battlefront need someone to test Eyefinity with CMSF ... ;);)

One of the interesting differences between CMSF and most of the games listed is that CMSF is OpenGL, while almost all of the other games are DirectX. TOW1 runs in OpenGL on occasion (I can't quite tell what it is supposed to be running), so that MIGHT be the one exception.

An except from a SoftTH download:

SoftTH allows using three monitor "triplehead" with Direct3D 8 and 9 games....

As I suspected, it probably can't intercept OpenGL calls and thus won't work with games that use that graphics API. The closest game they mention is 'IL-2 Sturmovik', but it has an issue:

IL-2 Sturmovik

- Doesn't work (OpenGL game, with dx8wrapper sets incorrect videomode)

Eyefinity doesn't seem to have an API preference other than that the game support non-standard resolutions (which CMSF can, via the 'display size.txt' file). I would guess that CMSF could work with Eyefinity, but I could NOT say for certain that it will.

Schrullenhaft,

In spite of what it says about IL-2 Sturmovik on that download page, I am reading that some people have gotten it to work.

It is encouraging to hear that there's a good chance that Eyefinity would work with CMSF. I guess I'll just have to try and see.

Thank you for your help!!