pbem problem

i have 2 pbem games going on with the same player , i load both his files into incomning email, one plays fine , the other gives me an error message saying"The email file appears to be corrupted.Please ask your opponet to send the file again preferrably using a zip or ara file or to replay his last turn if neccessary."Whats this about?seems to be happening randomly since i switched to windows 7.

I'm not sure why you may have randomly corrupted files with Windows 7. We usually recommend to players that they zip/compress their files so that they don't get corrupted when attached to email. It's a few extra steps that are a hassle, but often it will prevent the corruption that might occur with the standard attachments (.ema email files).

Yes, your opponent should probably be zipping files. It might be a good habit for you to do too, in case your opponents get corrupted files on their end.

There's built-in support in Windows since Windows XP for unzipping files in the File Manager. For creating them you can use a variety of programs. One would be WinRAR, but I'm not sure if this is a limited-time copy. There are plenty of others that can work too.