Need a Scenario Tester, please

I've been working on a scenario for the past week or so and would like a person, or a couple of people, to test play it before I upload to the Repository. This is intended to be part of a campaign. A little teaser is:

Scenario for a WIP campaign involving a Northern invasion of Syria from Turkey. We have crossed the border and are now in Syria. Last night, Alpha company began the push by leading the battalion through the entire Syrian defensive line. Bravo and Charlie companies have split off to engage some Syrian forces that were bypassed, leaving us on our own. Battalion has ordered us to progress a bit further down this road after Intel reported the presence of Syrian infantry garrisoning the town. The time is 0345, kick off is 0400. You must beat those Syrian reinforcements and take this town, dig in, and hold until relieved.

The scenario has a max of 4 hours, though it shouldn't take that long, and has you commanding a Stryker company. The briefing, to include pictures, are still WIP.

http://rapidshare.com/files/320532518/Strykerattack.btt.html

British module? What for? The original version was a light infantry company, but they were replaced by Strykers. It uses Syrian Airborne, so it requires Marines, but that is the only module requirement I am aware of. I"ll have to go over it again.

CMSF confirms that it only requires Marines, though I should have mentioned that, sorry for the oversight.

So its MOUT?

Not entirely, though the final phase of the scenario takes place in a small town, it is not entirely MOUT focused.

Here are screens of the scenario:

From Blue's Deployment area:

strykerattack1.jpg

The town:

strykerattack2.jpg

British module? What for? The original version was a light infantry company, but they were replaced by Strykers. It uses Syrian Airborne, so it requires Marines, but that is the only module requirement I am aware of. I"ll have to go over it again.

CMSF confirms that it only requires Marines, though I should have mentioned that, sorry for the oversight.

Make absolutely sure that NOTHING remains in your TO&E from the light infantry organization. Not artillery, HMMWVs, NOTHING. This is the only way to fix it. If need be, go through each unit and make sure that they have the Stryker rather than the MTVR icon.

]

Sorry, but I have the Marines Addon and patchV1.21 and when I want to load the file it says that it requires the British Add on. I had the same with the scenario Waddi al sirree. Yet I think that one needed the british Add On.

If CMSF says it should load, then there is something wrong.

Cheers

Make absolutely sure that NOTHING remains in your TO&E from the light infantry organization. Not artillery, HMMWVs, NOTHING. This is the only way to fix it. If need be, go through each unit and make sure that they have the Stryker rather than the MTVR icon.

I erased every Red and Blue unit from the TO&E when I started over.

Blue is comprised of:

1 Stryker Infantry Battalion

1 Light Howitzer Battery

Red is comprised of:

1 Reserve Infantry Battalion

1 Reserve Mech Infantry Battalion (BTR)

some Combatants

Syrian Airborne Battalion

Tank Company

1 Medium Mortar Section.

ant download and test it out

That's really really weird because I'm not a premium member, either. Let me try to re-upload somewhere else.

Sorry, but I have the Marines Addon and patchV1.21 and when I want to load the file it says that it requires the British Add on. I had the same with the scenario Waddi al sirree. Yet I think that one needed the british Add On.

If CMSF says it should load, then there is something wrong.

I really don't know what the problem is. There shouldn't be anything requiring British module. I'm going to reupload to a different provider.

Here is a different link, there shouldn't be any download problems with this. I also double checked the TO&E.

https://www.yousendit.com/download/MVNlSkhaMGttUUVLSkE9PQ

That's bizarre. I cannot explain that at all.

Now it's telling me that it needs the Brit module, too. Earlier today, only Marines were required. I already posted the TO&Es for Red and Blue. Did Brit module add any Red TO&Es? Maybe the Reserve Mech Infantry (BTR)?

*edit*

Okay, I figured it out. The "Light Howitzer Battery" is part of the IBCT, I guess. I will change that so those without the Brit module can play the scenario, stand by.

new Link, only requires Marines module:

https://www.yousendit.com/download/MVNkMFhucVhCTW5IRGc9PQ

Hi Clavicula Nox,

This time with the Marines Add On, the file works fine. I just had a look at your map and at the red troops emplacements throught the scenario author testing. I had the Blue doing a small and limited assault followed by consolidating the troops,after their dismount; That just to get a feeling of the setting.

The ground could be best described as a Normandy landscape with bocage fields on either side of a main gravel road leading to the town outskirts; That ground demands a tactical approach for its breaching similar to the one apply in the Normandy battle of the Initial CMSF campaign.

For the rest, thre are many things to be said and I rather have you ask me throught my email what I really and frankly think of it. That way there won't be any disclosure about what you want to improve and or keep and how it should be done.

For the moment I can only say that for me the scenario is a good idea but mostly WIP, as you wrote it.

Cheers

• 4 weeks later...