Path Finding improvement

Euri

I believe that the following would be a major improvement idea - reducing a lot the micromanagement and the multiple point and click on the map:

If the intention is to move a vehicle on a road path, there should be an option to point and click the destination point on a road and the AI to calibrate a path to go there on road only.

I imagine this as an additional on/off switch applicable to all move commands of a vehicle

Otherwise one is forces to point and click on every turn of a road to keep the vehicle on path.

What do you think?

I think you are correct in saying that it would be an improvement.

However, a road movement command, and its extension, a convoy command (so as to allow a group of vehilces to move down a road in good order), have been requested on these forums for many years (I rased this again only a week ot two ago in a discussion on command delays). We have had neither yet, and I am not holding my breath for the future.

I am sure that it is possible to code such commands, but that it would be more difficult than it would appear to us, the players. My guess is that Battlefront have decided the time it would take is not justified by the benefit it would give.