Availablilty Question

mystiqblackcat

Same here, I have grown tired of collecting CD's in case my computer crashes and I have to re-install. Impulse and Steam have solved that for me; I also really like Valve and Stardock as companies so far as how they treat the customer. I feel like I am supporting them when I purchase games from Impulse and Steam.

Are there plans for Empires to be released on Impulse or Steam in the near future?

I've downloaded the demo and I like what I see. I just really like Impulse for purchasing my games. Steam is alright as well but definitely my second choice.

I guess I hadn't really even thought about it. I don't know much about how those services work from the developer's side of things. I think those are decisions I'd have to work out with the publisher.

No, we do not release games on those platforms. They require code-side changes to release games with them.

We have our own platform, it's right here :) It may be not as fancy as the others (yet) but other than some frontend multiplayer features (some of which we plan to implement on our end sooner or later) these systems do not offer anything else we're interested in.

Martin

Don't rely too much on Impulse's services.

Like me many did in the past and regret it now.

Just google for "token Stardock" and if you're lucky you'll still find some posts on the topic. (Seems that they're taking those servers down, though. Google cache might help.)

And yes, Battlefront offers less services. But at least they fulfill their promises (at least for me until now). I definitely prefer this.