Release date for the 1.21 patch for Paradox?

Hi guys,

Just bought Combat Mission and would like to patch it to the 1.21 version, but it doesn't exist for my Paradox copy. I understand that some delay is required to recompile the code, but it has been a month since the patch was released.

Do you have a date for the release of the Paradox patch, please?

Thanks,

Daniel

We have no control as to when Paradox will compile the patch. They are given the patch code and THEY (Paradox) need to add their DRM/copy protection code in and compile it. WE cannot do that since we haven't licensed their DRM/copy protection code to compile it. Paradox is the licensee of that DRM and therefore it is their responsibility to compile the patch.

If there was some easy, legal way to do it and we had legal access to the DRM code to compile, then we would do it, but we don't and therefore we're dependent on Paradox to compile the 1.21 patch.

Since CMSF is an "older" title and isn't a major seller for them, Paradox probably doesn't feel any necessity to hurry in compiling the patch unfortunately.

As pointed out by Piecekeeper - if you purchase one of the modules (Marines and/or British Forces) you will no longer be dependent on Paradox for patches. All future patches can utilize the Battlefront patch and in fact will use the eLicense DRM/copy protection at that point.

Okay, thanks for the info.

I probably will buy the modules in time, but I've only just bought the original game (for £3.60 on ebuyer!) and I haven't really had a chance to get my teeth into the first game, let alone a module yet.

As for Combat Mission not being a big seller, lets face it - I don't think Electronic Arts are ever going to be troubled by Paradox. I suspect none of their titles are massive hits. Games like combat mission are slow-burning hits that sell well over time, as opposed to first-week blowouts. As such there is no excuse not to support them.

Perhaps next time you could find yourself a better publisher? Or at least one that supports your customers a little better.