Shock Force on sale for £3 on ebuyer!

• 2 weeks later...

For what it's worth, I spotted CM:SF on the ebuyer site as I was googling around for something else and thought "Why the hell not?".

I'd not bought CM:SF when it came out after having a pile of trouble with the demo on my old PC but for £3.90 I thought it was worth a punt.

Bought it, installed it, got it working (once I realised that the reason it ran like a pregnant cow was my graphics card not liking it at above 1024x768) and loved it.

Resulting in my buying both the modules from battlefront.com the very next day.

So, overall I reckon it's worked out okay for all concerned - Battlefront probably wouldn't've got a sale from me were it not for Paradox's 'loss leader' pricing and I would have missed out on a game that has me well and truly hooked.

At the current exchange rates, the USMC and Brit bundle cost me £22, which is less than even a second flight game in the shops these days and I know that the bulk of that cash is going to the pockets of the guys who made it.

I am sure I had a more clearly defined point to make here, but anyway... I think you get where I'm going.

Now... if only I didn't actually SUCK at commanding troops :)