Normandy scenario

I played the SC2 demo Normandy invasion scenario...LOVED IT!!! I was the allies. My initial assaults were not planned and pretty hasty in execution. Suffered some losses but managed to focus and expand the beachheads. The supporting Naval units gunfire was a help all along the coast for yanks and anglos alike. Crossed the Cotentin penninsula and cut off Cherbourg then finally took the port and landed a few more troops from England. Then pushed down the penninsula to St. Lo. The Brits and Canadians meanwhile had a nasty fight for Caen. But airpower pretty much made the differance with the panzers that kept cropping up. Lots of losses again for the anglos and ran out of supplies but managed to take all my objectives to win a total victory.

Lots of fun. I think Ive found my next beer and pretzels game! I love grand strategy but games like Hearts of Iron and Gary Grigsby's World at War are a little TOO involved and detailed. I think SC2 strikes a nice balance between playabilty and detail like supplies, leaders, etc. It'll be fun to try the game against a human opponent but until that day Im sure the AI will suffice. Seems like everytime I left a hole open or a flank un-guarded, some little hun unit would sneak in and cause me delays, lol. I also liked the way this game seems to handle both grand strategy and also a more local tactical battle like Normandy...very cool. That adds playability to me. I enjoyed your original Sc for years Hubert. Looks like Sc2 will be my next addition...