A suggestion for 2 players quickbattles

I have played a few online quickbattles during the last few days an ran into desperately uneven fights.

Nothing new under the sun, I know, but I thought that if there was a simple option in the QB setup screen to have mirrored units, then I wouln't have any reason to moan anymore !

It would work like this : computer picks troops randomly for Blue, according to player's wishes (nationality, type, branch, experience and so on) and then gives the very same units to Red.

Period.

That way, I would not be able to blame it on my units if I get another online spanking ;-)

That would not need too much code, would it? A simple additonal option to make us happy while waiting for CM2X WWII. Small enough to be included in a patch.

Please Battlefront, do us this favor !

The problem with that suggestion is that the 'same' forces are often very different in capabilities. For example, a US Mech infantry company not only has an equipment and experience advantage over a BMP company, it also significantly outnumbers it as well!

The only way to get balenced battles is to agree on a setup beforehand and to use the editor IMO, QB's are broken in CMSF.

I find the best way to get QB's are to choose an interesting looking map and to make it Red v Red. I also mirror the forces to make sure the battle is about skill, not setup.

Sorry I should not have spoken about Blue vs Red.

What I had in mind is a simple option to have mirrored Blue vs Blue or Red vs Red quickbattles. Would you tick this option, you would only select options (nationality, branch, experience and so on) for one side, and the other would get exactly the same units.

This would be soooo much quicker than having to fiddle with the scenario editor.

What do you think?

It might work, although if you set for example - infantry vs infantry. Red v Red (as I have done in the past) you will get a mirrored game. I don't know whether that works for every setup but the QB's do seem to have some standard formations. I have only ever played 2-3 full QB's before though so I don't want to sound like an expert!

well i found the RED/mech infantry/XXX setting, wich is possibly used most often for RED does give you everything but a mirrored game.

when you play large or huge battles it works, becouse you get enoguh gear to have a little bit of everything on both sides, but lower then large, it does not work anymore.

no matter what type you select for mech infantry, you allways get a selection wich is often grossly uneven to the enemys side.

i mean the mech infantry/armor setting can give you no single tank at times, and the heavy infantry setting somtimes give you scoults and the rest of it tanks. also light/medium/heavy combined is by for no sure way to get armor in the mix. sometimes you get only armor, sometimes none at all.

and this is the single largest mess in the QB system now. you select X you almost never get X but Y or something else instead. i question the point behind the drop down menue selection when looking at this, it doesnt matter what you select anyways.

however, now with only the NATO module left, i dont give a .... about the CMSF QB system anymore, better they fix up a system that works as intended for normandy.

by now i am used to the need to start at least 2 or more QB´s befor i got the stuff i want.