TF Thunder Mission 5

You are asked to proceed thru Phase Line Alpha, Bravo, and Charlie and id any enemy forces and engage them. I proceed thru Alpha and Bravo just fine until right before I hit Charlie several t-72's emerge and quickly wipe out my two atgm strykers.I dismount the scout teams to use their javelins but they either miss or run out of javelins before all of the enemy tanks are destroyed. I manage to destroy some of the t-72s but even with air support we are stilled outgunned and I suffer major casulties and lose all of my strykers. Anybody have any advice on how to proceed thru this mission?

first keep in mind the HUGE effective range of your TOW and javelin missiles. I actually kept most of my force between the village area and the start. I have one TOW stryker in a hull down position covering a lot of the left low ground and a hull down TOW stryker on the right covering most of the high ground. Remember to bring them back in cover to reload. I put javelin teams in the village and covering any dead ground (areas my TOW strykers cannot see, but that offer an approach for the enemy). I use one scout team to hit the phase lines very slowly, using their styker at a minimum for transport, usually keeping it hidden. The key is really just recon, spot the armor before it spots you and either let it walk into a TOW/javelin killzone or hit it with AH-64s (CAS is good for dead ground on the far side of the map). Should be a piece of cake if you make them come to you and fight you on your terms, where you have the advantage. Also try to set up your ATGM ambushes so you don't have to engage too many tanks at once. If you set up your killzones carefully, it should be a turkey shoot and you shouldn't even take any fire, much less any casualties.

I've found good positions for the atgm strykers to be 1) hull down near a small bridge (?) to the lower left (looking toward obj charlie). From here you can get some of the tanks coming on the map. 2) Poking out of the ravine on the right. But, in both places you have to back up under cover while reloading. Even a hit to the missile system can knock out the vehicle.

The rest of the team I have sitting in the buildings. Not until later will I load up and race for the end. You just have to use those atgms to great effect or you'll lose. This one gave me a lot of pain in the past too.

You are asked to proceed thru Phase Line Alpha, Bravo, and Charlie and id any enemy forces and engage them. I proceed thru Alpha and Bravo just fine until right before I hit Charlie several t-72's emerge and quickly wipe out my two atgm strykers.I dismount the scout teams to use their javelins but they either miss or run out of javelins before all of the enemy tanks are destroyed. I manage to destroy some of the t-72s but even with air support we are stilled outgunned and I suffer major casulties and lose all of my strykers. Anybody have any advice on how to proceed thru this mission?

Watch this walkthrough: