Will the Battlefront Version have added historical campaigns?

Destraex

By the sound of it the Russian version does not have very historical campaigns.

Can you advise is their anything other than localisation and a few bug fixes the battlefront version will have?

Also I think it has been asked but will their be a mission editor?

Is this game using the il2 engine?

What is the worst sea conditions you have seen- rolling waves that boats cannot see over?

This is something I have not seen in a game yet - but with rescues etc that these boats carried out sometimes it would be normal.

We will not be adding any new missions or campaigns at this point, no. I can't comment on th editor.

The engine used is completely unrelated to IL2. It's a different developer entirely.

Good question! I have not played enough personally, so I can't comment on the "worst" level, but in general, the sea modelling is incredibly realistic in PT Boats, including some pretty rough seas that I did see. The game is actually using Nvidia's PhysX engine I believe creating the most realistic effects I've seen to date in a naval sim.

Based upon what I have seen and heard of the Russian version and the version I own & have personally played (Australian). I would say that the sea is actually pretty flat in most missions, indeed the sim was quite widely criticised for this on it's Russian release. I would say it does not really compare to the height of waves in the the likes of the Silent Hunter series.

I am hoping that for the Battlefront release the developers will tweak the sea & boat physics a bit.

• 3 weeks later...