1st Brit Scenario AAR

Hi There,

I played through the first Brit scenario four times now and have finally signed it off. Just for the record, I scored fewer points each time I played! I'm new to the game and play turn-based on 'Veteran'. Each time, the scenario played out differently regarding enemy dispositions and actions. I wanted to thank everyone who's helped me with info and advice - much appreciated. Anyway, here's my newbie, and pretty non-military, first attempt at an AAR:

Main Objective: To secure the Enemy compound with as few casualties as possible.

Terrain Features: Pre-mission intel has already identified certain buildings - BARRACKS, PREFABS, and so on. But other significant features have since been spotted. The Centre of the compound is dominated by a 2-storey strutcure comprising two connected buildings, designated CROWN & ANCHOR. On the Left Flank, 3 buildings mask the BARRACKS - the one on the left is designated MARY, the one on the right, MUNGO, and the small one in rear, MIDGE.

Plan: Hold Phase Line Alpha and the BORDER POST. Pour in suppressive fire to pin the Enemy, while assault teams secure buildings on the Right, Centre and Left - in that order. The BARRACKS and the PREFABS will be avoided and dealt with by off-map Fire Missions. In general, suppressive fire to be delivered from at least 500m and main weapons to be reserved for positive contacts. Efforts must be made to conserve ammo.

0355: Approach

Left Flank: 3 Scimitars advance QUICK to PHASE LINE ALPHA (PLA) and TARGET LIGHT the BORDER POST.

Right Flank: 3 Scimitars + Guided Weapon Trp advance QUICK beyond PLA and TARGET LIGHT the BORDER POST.

Centre: 2 Scimitars + 2 Support Troops MOVE and TARGET on BORDER POST.

0400: Phase Line Alpha

Left Flank: PLA reached without incident. Suppressive fire switched to buildings in front.

Right Flank: Vehicles halt beyond PLA to suppress STORES and CHECKPOINT.

Centre: Objective reached without incident. BP cleared of enemy units.

0405: Consolidation

Left Flank: Stable. Suppressive fire continues.

Right Flank: Stable. Suppressive fire continues. Support Troops prepare to assault STORES.

Rear: Reinforcements arrive. C2 units to occupy BP. Support Troops to bolster effort on right flank.

0410: Right Flank Secured

Left Flank and Centre stable. Action intensifies on Right Flank:

1. STORES assaulted and occupied by 2 Team (Cpl Mason) and 3 Team (Cpl Mcinroy) - vehicles POP SMOKE, soldiers ACQUIRE ammo, dismount QUICK to TARGET buildings before entering and HIDING.

2. CHECKPOINT assaulted and occupied by 1 Team (Cpl Vandersleen) and Guided Weapon Trp. Once secure, a spotter (Capt. Ridley, 33 FOO) and AT Team take position on roof.

3. Enemy action takes out 2 vehicles. Survivors bail out and are recovered.

4. Remaining 2 Scimitars take post beyond CHECKPOINT and suppress PREFABS.

0415: Reinforcements

Situation stable. Reinforcements arrive - Engineers plus Supports. Now two assault teams are formed, each comprising Engineers, Infantry, C2, etc. First team advances to shelter on 'blind side' of first STORES building - task is to assault and occupy CROWN & ANCHOR. Second team assembles on Left Flank

at PLA - task is to assault and occupy MARY, MUNGO and MIDGE.

0420: Centre

Before assaulting CROWN & ANCHOR, troops under Capt. Wright take possession of low building left of STORES. More units sent to bolster first assault team assembling at STORES. Troops and vehicles now established in centre and able to pour flanking fire into MARY, MUNGO and MIDGE. Fire Support is now available and Ridley calls missions on BARRACKS and PREFABS.

0430: Centre Secured

Centre: Assault on CROWN & ANCHOR goes in under cover of smoke. Buildings cleared by 5 Section, led by Cpl Findlater. Enemy units evicted and 5 Section reinforced. Now Centre is secured with reasonable LOS across compound. Also, soldiers can now pour fire into MARY, MUNGO and MIDGE from front, flank and rear. Now off-map fire suppresses BARRACKS and PREFABS.

0435: Left Flank secured

MARY, MUNGO and MIDGE now assaulted:

1. 4 Section (Cpl Buchanan) occupies MARY.

2. 1 Team Fd Trp (Sgt Maj. Macsporran [sic]) occupies MUNGO.

3. 3 Section (Cpl Doak) occupies MIDGE after taking a casualty in firefight.

0440: Mission Completed

At this point, with objectives taken, flanks and centre secure, and fire missions levelling both the BARRACKS and PREFABS, the mission is complete. A 'Tactical Victory'. Losses: 1 KIA, 4 WIA, 2 Vehicles. Enemy casualties are considerable with scores killed, wounded and missing. But we failed to touch or preserve the Document Store. We also had a 'Target Failure'. Points awarded: 555.