A duck in the Tiger ???

Xavier

Hello,

There is something that I really don't understand Now my german tank commanders are screaming like a bloody duck instead of yelling a proud "Ja !!" when they manage to destroy something :confused:. I re-download the two wav files from the cd (2080,2081)but it's change nothing. what the hell is this funny curse? I remember someone having the same problem but I'm unable to find the topic (and the fix). note, I'have nothing against ducks or hens or anything else... Pz help me :(

[ 09-15-2001: Message edited by: Xavier ]

I don't honestly have an idea what will fix this problem. It's strange that the WAV file will sound absolutely fine in individual playback outside of CM, but sound compressed/distorted within CM.

How many sounds do you have moded in CM ? I'd suggest moving your current WAV directory and copying the entire contents of the CDROM's WAV directory (basically playing with all default sounds) and see if that makes any difference. You may also want to delete your Prefs file, but I don't know if that file has any bearing on the audio settings for CM.

Which sound card and what drivers are you using ? Regardless, I believe the issue is one of the files being corrupted or just causing problems within CM.

Thank you for your repply.

It seems it's a problem with the sound card. I have a SB1400. I made a complete re-install without mods and the "duck scream" is still here :confused: That's really very strange...

edited for obviously too bad english

[ 09-16-2001: Message edited by: Xavier ]

Have you done an DirectX upgrade lately?

If so, then sometimes DirectX will corrupt sound card drivers. You might wanna try reinstalling the sound card drivers. That was a problem with my friends computer a while back. His CM sound was all staticy after he upgraded to DX8 and all it took was a reinstalling of the drivers.

• 3 weeks later...