New RED units for NATO module

Alex

Thank you for the link hcrof.

That is what I think Alex is talking about. Which brings me back to cluster bombs. What are the chances of seeing them included?

hcrof

Yes, I talking about same system but at 152mm artillery shell.

Maybe also should talk about same cluster air bombs with AT elements and also anti-personals cluster air bombs.

Thread addressing DPICM and why it's not in-game:

http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=74506&highlight=DPICM

While there certainly was a case during the takedown of Baghdad where two cav troops, Bonecrusher and Crazyhorse Trp of the 3-7 CAV, nearly overrun during a sandstorm, called for DPICM from MLRS danger close. It's not specified in my one resource covering the action ('Takedown' by Jim Lacey), exactly how close, but anything at or under 2 kilometers is danger close for MLRS. Most maps in CMSF aren't that big.

The other wargames that depict DPICM; Steel Beasts series, Steel Panthers: Main Battle Tank, the Armored Task Force series, Operation Flashpoint with the Unified Artillery mod, all have one thing in common: map sizes large enough to prevent one player from calling down DPICM on the other half of the map and winning. CMSF is great, don't get me wrong, but IMHO, map sizes are just too small to have DPICM be workable.

Additionally, there is the problem of not being able to control field artillery/mortar loadouts, so if the guns have DPICM, they have DPICM and not a damned thing you can do about it. But that's a decidedly tertiary concern compared to the former.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic