CDs Dead

Cwhit21

Ok heres the deal.. Either disc CMBB or CMAK when inserted into the cd drives cannot be read. i bought a new hard drive and did fresh install of win xp pro. CMBB can be open so that i can see the installer but double clicking it jsut keeps the disc spinning... only way for either of them to stop is to eject the disc. Which then prompts the computer to ask alot of reinserting the disc. I even installed old hard drives to try and play off of that..no dice. Discs arent damaged in any major way, they also seem to still work in other peoples drives.. I also jsut bought a dvd burner drive...and it cant read it...these are the only discs its has probs reading. its a AMD 2200 512k ram geforce 4 any help be appriciated

I dont really have a anti virus goin on..just xp fire wall and zonalarm....... but my setups the same as the last time when i did my reinstall.

ill look around for if i have a antivirus..but i dont think i do. the only thing i can think of unregualr is disk detector in the right corner..i have yet to get rid of that and i dont see anything that would affect CM.. but then again ive always gotton rid of it... ????

Anti-virus utilities that are constantly checking the system are the most common culprit for this problem as junk2drive pointed out. Your 'disc detector' program could be another possibility.

If you have the disk space you could also copy the installation files to your hard drive and then perform the install from them (though an anti-virus program could still interfere). Some people need to go into Safe Mode in order for their installs to work correctly (only need for the installation, not the playing of the game).