set up zones

I hope I can post this here as I'm sure at least one of you knows scenario design backwards.

I make a map, buy some units and expect that they set up in some sort or order maybe even in a set up zone...

Duhh, now why did I think that; instead they spread out all over the place taking no account of a set up zone.

Similarly I want UNITS 1 and UNITS 2 to set up in ZONE 1 and ZONE 2 and not have to manually place them there - though i may want to correct their positions.

If anyone can explain this I want to hear from you. NB: Big detailed answers so i get it right the first time would be even better, then there sure is going to be some yummy scenario's for you guys to play.

Thanks

eric

;)

Sorry, as far as I'm aware you have to set up everything manually. There is no hidden feature that makes this simpler.

The units are just set to the rear of the map (the side depends on the Parameters settings you make). The units will be dropped on the board in the order you have them purchased in the Units menu. If you purchase units and then change the map (size) you may find the units not aligned along the back of the map for their respective sides, but spread out.

There are some keystrokes for setting the formation of units (there are three possibilities) that come on the board as reinforcements, but the reinforcement marker must be manually placed. However I forget the keystrokes right now (it may be in later versions of the CM manual).