Help! The mouse pointer is gone

My machine is a Pentium II , 350 MHz , 64MB RAM , DirectX8,Leadteck Geforce2 MX with the original drivers ( I did not install the latest drivers because since I got the Geforce everything went cool and I had no problem at all...never !! ). I play with 800X600

Now ,the problem...

During the last week , sometime the mouse cursor transform itself into a 2cmX2cm white square.When I quite CM and go back to the desktop ...there is no more mouse pointer.I mean the mouse pointer is still there because when I move the mouse the icons on the screen are responding but the pointer is not visible !

I have to restart the PC.Again, this happens only once a while with no visible reasons

Strange, but this happens when I try to create some scenario.

Now the best part of the story !!

The same thing happened to me 6 months ago but in a very strange way that made me crazy : it was happening only in a particular scenario ( one of the training scenarios when playing the German attacking some hills ) .The strange thing is that this cursor problem was not happening when I tried to play the British side in the same scenario !!! Crazy but true !!

( then I had a Voodo1and ATI card.I solved the problem by changing my preference to 800X600 )

Does someone know how to solve this small problem ?

Thanks

Crockett