Krasnovian War - CMSF Meta-Campaign

OK, it would not be a real Meta Campaign like many might be used to and nowhere near the scale of the upcoming Operation Nemesis Meta Campaign but here is my "idea".

The game will be based on draft rule information found here: KRASNOVIAN WAR but will be further tweaked as the concept is developed. It will be Red vs Red so that it will be more balanced to test the concept out further and work out the kinks. It will be kept fairly small for the same reasons. Both nations start with the same forces but there will be a replacement purchase system and I'm working out the basics for it at this time (it will be a very bare bones system). We won't get into too many variables in this go around (such a Motivation and Fitness) although I do have a basic concept that will add in a little bit for Experience but only for HQ units. Supply will be modeled but not for individual units, it will affect the entire force.

The situation is a short fictional Border War between the Republic of Mojave (supported by the US and UK) and the People’s Democratic Republic of Krasnovia (supported by the Russian Federation through their Syrian proxy). The initial battle will be a Meeting Engagement on an 800x800 meter map representing a Border Post between the 2 countries that has been abandoned by UN Forces eager to avoid getting caught in a shooting war. The battle will be between 2 equally matched BRDM Recon Companies for both nations. The survivors will be added to each team's OOB AND the results will determine who gets the initiative in the 2nd battle. The overall mission is the destruction of the opposing sides HQ element. All players will play the same Pbem "mission" and I will use the results from ALL the completed Pbem's to determine outcome as well as the new start location for the next mission (that's why I need to have an odd number of Pbem battles for each "operational turn"). There will 2 main objectives during the Pbem's:

• 1) Destroy enemy forces
  • 2) Capture objectives (to gain Replacement Points)

You will not get points for killing the enemy, you will just reduce the forces you have to fight each succeeding mission until the enemy force finally collapses.

For the game I would need 2 teams of equal numbers but enough to have an odd number of Pbem's per mission (there is a reason for this that will be outlined later). Each team will have a senior commander BUT fear not, he will not be burdened with a large number of extra responsibilities. The main thing will be to purchase replacements and decide what extra forces to commit to the missions (those that are in reserve).

Since I am still learning things about the game and it limits (mostly how to use the Editor :D ), everything is still in the development/design phase so it is not expected to start right away.

Anyone interested?

There is no possibility of this campaign being real time?

If your opponent in each mission is willing to fight the battle real time we could do that however everyone will fight a different opponent in each mission. Because of the pairing being different each mission it would likely need to be one or the other (Pbem or RT) for everyone.