Arbitrary limit on the file size or sound length of wav files?

Well, is there?

I tried expanding a background sound with 5 minutes of new chatter, going from 43 megs to 103 megs and when I loaded it up to test there was no background sound at all.

If there is a file size limit, can I just save to a lower quality? If there is a length limit is it possible to add additional files or will it only use the one background wav?

I don't think so... For one of my "mashups", I exchanged a T-55 cannon blast for a 5 minute adhan (call to prayer) that was 36MB in size. What is important is to ensure the Properties of the new WAV file match that of the old one. I used the SwitchSound file converter (free demo) and set the encoder options accordingly.

Nice work on the vids btw. Do you make them using Fraps or what?

I don't think so... For one of my "mashups", I exchanged a T-55 cannon blast for a 5 minute adhan (call to prayer) that was 36MB in size. What is important is to ensure the Properties of the new WAV file match that of the old one. I used the SwitchSound file converter (free demo) and set the encoder options accordingly.

Nice work on the vids btw. Do you make them using Fraps or what?

Yep, using 2.9.9 build 8086 right now.