Problem Running SC2

Were you able to register the eLicense or did that not come up either ? Are you running an anti-virus/firewall/internet security application ? If you are, then you may need to disable it temporarily and see if SC2 will run. The eLicense system is often caught by anti-virus programs as suspicious activity because of the way it works.

I actually list the "anti-virus/firewall/internet security application" as one since many packages are coming with bundled features that do everything. Disabling the anti-virus temporarily is one of the more important things to do since that often gives problems for eLicense applications (it is often viewed as virus or trojan-like activity).

If your firewall has the ability to allow particular programs to communicate through it (without listing TCP/UDP Ports or destination IPs), that MIGHT be helpful. eLicense communicates via TCP Port 80 (HTTP - same as a web browser), but some firewalls may be more capable of examining and denying that traffic.

One way to check if the firewall is blocking eLicense or not is to attempt to UNLICENSE SC2 (unless you specifically recall getting a "success" during the eLicense process).

Though SC2 is dependent on DirectX 7 to my knowledge (at least SC1 was, I'm not absolutely sure on SC2), you may want to install the latest DirectX 9.0c installer (web based). This should update your DirectX libraries to the latest 9.0c version (and just download the portions that you need, rather than every file).

Do you know what Service Pack your Windows XP is setup with. Service Pack 3 (SP3) is the current version, though it shouldn't be required for SC2.

If this doesn't work then possibly copying (don't move it) the dx7vb.dll file from the C:\Windows\System32 directory to the SC2 directory. This is a bit of a long shot since this would be the same DLL file that the system is already using.

Can you disable your firewall completely (only temporarily) ? If not, would it be possible to uninstall the firewall for awhile to license the game ?

Is this firewall just an independent, personal piece of software or is it being managed by a corporate IT department (i.e. - this is a computer for business/work purposes) ?

As for the Symantec Antivirus 10.1, I'm not familiar with it, plus I'm guessing that it may have management profiles on some IT server. If it is anything like the 9.x series then see if this exists:

Open up the client (usually there's an icon in the lower right system tray). See if there is some sort of "Configuration" option. We want to find settings for "File System Auto Protect". If something close to this exists see if there is an option for "Exclude Select Files and Folders". Enable this option and click on whatever button is offered to add the 'exclusions'. You'll need to browse for "C:\Windows\Runservice.exe" and for the SC2 Blitzkrieg executables typically located at "C:\Program Files\Battlefront\Strategic Command 2 Blitzkrieg" (there's the main game and the editors).