9.2.2 troubles

For the last few years I have had no problems with any of the CM games running 9.0.4 on my 1st generation G4 mac.

I recently had to reformat my HD and loaded 9.2.2 and when I installed CMAK I no longer have any game sounds and the graphics are messed up. uniforms are solid black, Panther tanks are appearing as armored cars.

I read the threads on here that I thought may help. I did download Game Sprockets 1.7.5 but still no joy.

Any advice?

Thanx

I had been under the assumption that the OS 9.2.2 ATI display drivers would have been the latest/best for all of the ATI chips on Mac motherboards. The one exception may be the Classic RAVE extension that is possibly loading up. I would disable this if it is in your System Folder. I have no actual idea if the Classic RAVE extension is doing anything in a stand-alone installation of OS 9.2.2, but I'd disable it regardless.

Though it may make no difference, I'd also suggest disabling any Nvidia-related extensions that may be in your System Folder since they aren't doing anything for you.

I can't recall off hand if there were any issues with some of the QuickTime related extensions or not. You may want to get the latest QuickTime for OS 9.x that is available (if you don't have it already).

Regarding the "Panther appears as an armored car" I can only guess that this must be fog-of-war. The only way to confirm that something is drastically wrong is to go into the scenario editor and either create a new scenario where you purchase a Panther and do a 3D preview of it or open the scenario you had played that showed this event (assuming it wasn't a Quick Battle). I could possibly understand the wrong bitmap showing up on a Panther's wireframe, but to have a Panther actually represented by both the wireframe and bitmaps of an armored car sounds like a bug with CMAK (though my assumption is that this is just a FOW representation).

As for sounds, I had heard in the past that the SoundSprocket 1.0 that came with the Game Sprockets 1.5.x was the best (in terms of the sound quality). However Game Sprockets 1.5.x is pretty hard to find (it was originally made for early versions of OS 8.x), so the Game Sprockets 1.7.5 should suffice (and work). I assume that you actually installed Game Sprockets and not just copied it, what amounts to the installer, to the System Folder (sorry if this question sounds insulting, it isn't meant to be) ? I'd suggest using this download of Game Sprockets 1.7.5 (if this isn't what you had already used).

Thank you for your advise.

I was able to resolve my issues by manually loading the installation files from the master CD. For whatever reason not all of the bmp files & none of the wav files were loaded using the standard English install. Noticed I did not have any wav files when I downloaded the 1.03 patch and had no place to put the one wav file that comes with the download.

Anyway, All is well in my CM world again. And again thanks for all the info.