A simple question

I'm just a newbie trying to pick this great game up and I don't understand the relationship of a so called platoon leader who when selected outlines his unit with green. What does this mean? I leafed through the manual and it is not specific. I there a Blitzkrieg for dummies? I can network schools but this game has me baffled. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

The unit you are talking about is a headquarters. It can command several units, which is depicted by outlining them in green. Units that are lead become stronger, because their readiness greatly increases.

The actual amount of readiness increase is dependent on the experience of the headquarters and its command rating. More specific, 1 bar of experience for a commander increases the morale of all units that are lead by 10%. 1 point of command rating increases the strength of all units that are lead by 1 point for the readiness calculation.

Perhaps even more important, headquarters also act as a supply point. This will increase the readiness of all units friendly units nearby, not just the ones that he is leading.

Look up headquarters in the manual for addition details.

Jordon:

The PDF manual which is located within the SC-BlitzKireg directory also has a good starting point explanation including pictures of how to start a good Blitzkrieg strategy until France and then its up to you.

Here are a few additional tips:

If you decide to declare war on another nation (within Maps) make sure you troops are ready, don't declare war until your ready and in place.

Make sure you take care of your research (max 750 points) and in particular production, technology, tanks etc...

Plan your war strategy way in advance, for example I am planning to invade Yugo and Bulgaria so after taking Poland I am moving one army, one Corp a Stuga squadron and an artillery unit near the border to Hungary, while the rest of my units move towards France and I am also preparing 2 para units to take Danemark and Norway, while the main force gets ready for Belgium/France.

You will need a lot of point to upgrade and increase your army to take on Russia, which is a monster. Most of all have fun.

Jodon.H.Q.s are EXTREMELY important,especially when attacking Russia.Imho the best thing for you to do is put the game on easy against the A.I.(which is one of the best)and like flashy says,have fun.When you are ready to play against a human(which is ALOT more fun and tougher)there are usually willing players.