CMSF Editor "Mashups" Thread

My first offerig:

LongLeftFlank posted a new scenario mod at the CMSF Mods Warehouse.

It's LongLeftFlank's "Dueling Muezzins (Test)"

"This scenario is a (humorous) test of the feasibility of having placeable "sound" objects or "Easter Eggs" on a map. There is no game to play.

For this to work, you must first install the 2 enclosed WAV sound mods in your Z file. They've replaced the main guns on the T72 and T54 with something else. No peeking :-b

Having done this, run the scenario. Play real time, as Blue.

You don't need to set up anything or poke around the map. Just hit the go button, enjoy the sunrise and wait for the, uh, music to begin....

After a few moments, hit the cease fire key and take a look around."

GaJ

LLF_Duelling_Muezzins.zip_original.JPG?1252647432

My next experiment -- I stole the idea of using grain in a strong wind (though I didn't modify its appearance) to simulate rolling surf. Then I buried a Syrian jeep with its engine idle loop replaced with a WAV file of surf. I did this instead of replacing the ambient file so the sound would fade and be replaced with the ambient as you leave the waterline.

I recall in a thread a while back someone said MadMatt had designed a placeable sound object but never activated it. Be nice to have it (along with some trigger/loop/volume options) instead of burying a bloody tank.

LongLeftFlank posted a new scenario mod at the CMSF Mods Warehouse.

It's LongLeftFlank's "Surf_Beach"

"Another experimental mashup, simulating a beach with "surf" (replicated using grain blowing in a strong breeze) and an embedded sound loop of surf.

There is no game to play. Just load the vehicle loop mod into your Z file and start the scenario. Play as Red."

GaJ

Surf_Beach.zip_original.bmp?1252792113