CMSF retail disk not recognized?

As much effort as it may be, would it be possible to go back to 1.11 and see if the CD copy check still works and then re-apply the 1.20 patch to see if it does break ? This of course involves uninstalling CMSF completely to start from scratch.

You are applying the proper 1.20 patch for Paradox, correct ?

Do either of you have any modules installed ? If so, then the Paradox patch is no longer appropriate and your licensing converts to eLicense (and the CD is no longer required to play CMSF).

As much effort as it may be, would it be possible to go back to 1.11 and see if the CD copy check still works and then re-apply the 1.20 patch to see if it does break ? This of course involves uninstalling CMSF completely to start from scratch.

You are applying the proper 1.20 patch for Paradox, correct ?

Do either of you have any modules installed ? If so, then the Paradox patch is no longer appropriate and your licensing converts to eLicense (and the CD is no longer required to play CMSF).

I'll try this just now - I have no modules installed. PAtch file downloaded is:

CMSF_v120_Paradox_Patch.exe

Update: After uninstalling and then re-installing and patching up version be version I have not been able to launch the game at any version. SO it's NOT the patch's fault.

This is weird. It was working fine, it is a legit copy and I don't have anything which Securom state as being 'bad'. I've sent one of their analysis files off to them.

I also can't see any scratches on the CD. The only other thing which has changed on my system are Windows Updates.

Any ideas?

I've tried to go through the SecuRom support process but it's like wading through mud, i'll persevere though!

I've also installed to another PC and the game is working fine there. The non-working system is XP64 and the working one is Vista64.

Totally at a loss here.

Does the game supplied by Battlefront also use SecuRom? Wondering if I could trade this heap of S**T in??

Battlefront has never used Securom for its copy protection. Before eLicense was used there was a proprietary disc-based copy protection scheme, but that is no longer used. All Battlefront games distributed by Battlefront use eLicense (well, almost all, TacOps doesn't).

Basically if you purchase any of the CMSF modules (Marines and/or British Forces), your licensing gets changed to eLicense and the Paradox disc is no longer necessary to play (though you'll want to keep it for reinstallation purposes).