Vista and WaW

I have bought a computer with Vista. Installing and playing WaW goes fine. It seems...

When i save my files in a email game, the files is "seen" by WaW, all ok. But when i try to attach files in Hotmail, the filemanager displays the directory multiplaeyer/email as empty...

Any idea why? Is this a common problem with Vista and Sc2 games? Is it a spescial way to configuer Vista so the files are displayed?

Vista will try to prevent "user data" from being written into program file directories. This is for security reasons and to supposedly better support multiple users using the same software (data and configuration settings stored with the user). Instead of allowing data files and directories from being written into the Program Files directory, Vista re-directs those writes and reads to a User directory called a VirtualStore located within the user's data folder.

You can find this location at C:\Users\'user account'\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Battlefront\.... The 'virtual store' will mirror the files and directories within the Program Files directory that have attempts at user data being written into them. The programs "see" the data, but a manual attempt to find the files in the standard location will end up with empty directories. Browse the above location for the specific directory/folder for your SC2 email files.

I believe Windows 7 will do the same thing if you're considering upgrading to that OS in the future.