Firepower Question

Are the firepower ratings for a unit in between listed ranges incremental. What I mean is if your firepower is listed as 120 at 50m and 40 at 100m, is it safe to assume that your firepower is approximately 80 at 75m? Or instead is the firepower 120 at 0-50m, 40 at 51-100m, etc.?

Firepower changes gradually with some abrupt steps at ranges where particular weapons are no longer effective. Straight line interpolations are thus not entirely accurate.

For example, SMGs are not very effective at ranges beyond 50 m. So if your squad has some SMGs and firepower ratings of 120 at 50 m and 40 at 100 m, the rating at 75 m is probably closer to 40 than to 120 - 60 perhaps.

I don't have the game on my work computer so I can't give you actual stats, but I hope you get the idea. Squads with a lot of SMGs have devastating firepower at short ranges (200+) but it drops off drastically as range increases. The basic message is that the weapons mix in your squad will determine how your firepower changes as range increases.