Sighting

Playing the Perdition campaign (red vs red) I noticed something I thought odd. I was lying in wait with my T55MV:s and on rolls the opposing armour T-72 (next best uppgrade to Turms-T) and BMP 1:s. They first stop outside my LOS. Then as game turns go by they edge in to my LOS. Now here's what I think is strange. My tanks can only see ? while his moving armour and even BMP:s can see my stationary tanks and blow them to kingdom come. I tried both button up and down with my tankers but didn't seem to make a difference.

Are the optics and sighting equipment so much better on the T-72:s or is there another explanation?

I don't think the optics are that much better on the T-72M1V than the T-55MV, maybe you just got unlucky?

Try staying fully below a ridge until the last moment and using infantry spotters to judge when to go hull down and blast their flanks. Staying unbuttoned should work as well with older tanks, especially at short range but a tight target arc will probably do better at longer range.

You might be able to unbutton and go turret down with just the commander over the ridge but it would not tell you you have vision from a movement point, you would have to guess it and check for a grey line when you arrive.

I actually had infantry spotting for me, well actually two FO:s and a AT4 team. I tried (on another ridge) to inch forward real slow to get fields of fire with two tanks and a BMP1 when the opposing tankers were moving. But as soon as I showed myself to the red force I got hammered.

The spotting ability of some tanks is amazing. Having played the T-72 simlulator I can tell you , I wish I had that kind of spotting in that game! I'm not exactly what you'd call a trained crew, so no critisizm of CMSF is intended - just an observation!